We are running 2 free workshops this summer:
- Walk Leader training
- Navigation training
You can attend one or both of these workshops, full details and booking information below:
1. Walk Leader Training
Do you want to gain confidence and the knowledge to lead and support walks in your community?
Then why not join us on one of two free training workshops this summer and learn new skills. The informal workshops are devised to help you:
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the walk leader and back-marker on guided walks.
- Plan safe and appropriate walk routes for specific groups.
- Learn how to manage walking groups and deal with emergencies on the walk.
- Use your O.S. map to help devise engaging themed walks and recognise public rights of way.
- Increase your knowledge of the health benefits of walking.
The workshops will include a demonstration walk and the training will give you the opportunity to ask any questions you have about leading, supporting and planning group walks in the Pendle Hill area.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to book onto the following:
- Monday 23rd August, 10am to 2pm: St Mary's Centre, Church Street, Clitheroe. BB7 2DG
- Wednesday 1st September, 10am to 2pm: St Mary's Centre, Church Street, Clitheroe. BB7 2DG
You will need to bring your own refreshments and lunch and outdoor gear suitable for a short walk.
2. Fundamentals of Navigation Training
Saturday 24th July, near Sabden - *workshop now complete*
please get in touch if you would like to be informed of future training.
Like walks but hate getting lost? Then this is the course for you!
- Learn what the symbols and lines on a map mean and how they can help you plan a walk or follow a diversion
- Feel more confident to explore your environment without getting lost.